Brick Painting – Dallas, TX
Paint Outdated Brick for a Fresh, New Look
Raw brick can add character and texture to a home’s exterior. However, some brick tones can actually impair potential curb appeal and affect resale value. You don’t have to simply accept and live with the natural color of the brick—paint it! At first, the idea of brick painting may seem intimidating because you can’t return to raw brick once you’ve started, but our professional team at Platinum Painting of Dallas can help you determine whether painting your brick exterior is the right choice for your home. Then, we’ll carry out the project to perfection so you never regret your decision!
Why Choose Us:
- Based in Dallas
- Satisfaction Guaranteed
- Serving All of North Texas
Benefits of Brick Painting
Although painting brick is permanent, tons of before-and-after photos are proof that this change is well worth the effort. Here are a couple of the benefits you can enjoy from painting your exterior brick.
Brightening Up Your Home
At one point in the past, earthy tones for brick were popular in home design, but these shades of raw brick can cause your home to blend in with its natural surroundings. Other times, the dark brick can create a dismal tone for the house before anyone even comes inside. Fortunately, homeowners can paint a lighter color for exterior brick, evoking a more cheerful feeling and creating contrast to be more inviting.
Protection from the Elements
When it comes to damage, water can be dangerous for many housing materials, including brick. In fact, as a result of brick’s porous surface, moisture can easily become trapped and eventually erode the rough brick surface. Over time, this potentially exposes your home to water damage. The good news is that the right primer and paint can provide another layer of protection from Mother Nature, preventing brick erosion and giving your home a makeover that will last.
Process of Brick Painting
After more than a decade in home improvement, we know exactly what to do for painting brick. We don’t approach it the same way as stucco and siding because a flawless finish on brick requires more detailed work. To ensure beautiful results, we follow these simple steps:
- Before we start painting, we’ll power wash the brick, clearing dirt and grime.
- When the brick has dried, we’ll closely examine the brick and find any cracks or gaps that need caulking or filling. Once we’ve taken care of that, your exterior will be better sealed and will be ready for the next step.
- Our team then applies a specially formulated primer for masonry onto the brick.
- Following the primer, several uniform coats of exterior paint will then cover the porous brick without trapping moisture.
- Afterward, we’ll clean up our work area and do a final inspection with you. This is a last-chance opportunity to point out any areas of concern.