Professional Painters – Dallas, TX
How Do You Get Started? We Can Help
Before we give your room/entire home the makeover you have wanted for years, a little prep needs to happen first. Platinum Painting of Dallas will do most of it, and we’ll treat your house like it is our very own, but there are a few little things you can do to help your project get started nice and fast. What are they? You’ll find them all below, and be sure to give us a call if you have any questions!
Why Choose Us:
- Based in Dallas
- Satisfaction Guaranteed
- Serving All of North Texas
Preparing Your Interior
- Remove any paintings or pictures from your walls. We wouldn’t paint over them, but this way, you can know exactly where they are!
- Collect any small knickknacks from tables, shelves, mantels, etc.
- If we’re painting a closet, please remove everything from it as well.
- Make sure that any pets or small children are secure during the process.
- Please remove any child or pet gates that would inhibit us from moving freely in your house.
How We Will Prepare the Interior
- Move all furniture
- Remove (and reinstall) all drapery
- We’ll line the floors and cover anything with fresh plastic every day
- Remove and replace all light switches and outlet plates
- Perform general repairs on walls and ceilings if stated in our estimate (taping, replace sheetrock, sanding)
- Texturize upon request
- Fill all holes and cracks
- Caulk any cracks along doorjambs, baseboards, and ceiling crowns
- Scuff, sand, and clean all wood before painting
- Remove any wallpaper
Preparing Your Exterior
- Please turn off your sprinkler system while we’re painting your house—it can wash off wet paint and unexpectedly douse our team!
- Remove all outer wall hangings and plants.
- Secure any outdoor pets.
How We Will Prepare the Exterior
- Powerwash and handwash any surfaces that are going to be painted
- Scrape away any loose paint
- Prime bare/new wood to help it hold onto new paint
- Caulk all windows and entrances, including major wood joints to reduce air flow and help you save on your air conditioning bill (if stated in the estimate)